Greenwood Associates is a family-owned and operated business based in Niles, Illinois. We distribute a wide range of processed fruit products sourced from around the world, serving the ingredient needs of customers large and small in the food and beverage manufacturing industry.
Our Document Control Specialist is responsible for handling the exchange and maintenance of regulatory, food quality, and food safety related documents and information between Greenwood and our affiliates, suppliers, customers, and other interested parties.
- One or more years of experience in document control, FDA regulated industry a plus
- Strong computer skills requiring familiarity with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to quickly learn new business systems and programs
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and relationship management skills
- A highly organized mindset with a focus on close attention to detail and efficiency
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a point of contact to facilitate the exchange of information with customers, vendors, and other interested parties\
- Complete documentation requests from customers concerning quality and regulatory compliance
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of internal technical documentation
- Develop and maintain knowledge of internal food safety management scheme (FSSC22000)
- Review incoming documentation for compliance with with internal standards and procedures
- Organize and maintain compliance documentation files
- Track and ensure supplier approval documentation remains up-to-date
- Enter data into internal enterprise resource management system
- Support documentation and regulatory functions of Quality, Purchasing, and Sales departments
- Competitive pay
- Leave: 4 Weeks PTO plus paid holidays
- Health insurance, group life insurance, and STD/LTD insurance
- 401k/Profit sharing plan
Employees in roles that do not require on-site presence (such as Document Control Specialists) are working remotely. Mitigation strategies for on site staff include enhanced sanitation practices, wellness checks, and mandatory face mask usage.